Pages

02 July 2013

My P&P Obsession

So at the start of the year (2013) I decided that I would read, well I should say read books about Pride and Prejudice! Since 2005 I have been in love with the movie and book because that is when I first saw the movie version starring Keira Knightley and Matthew MacFadyen and my obsession started with Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy.


I watched the movie and then read the book and from then on I was hooked. I've watched that movie more times then I care to count, read Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice a few times and watched the other versions of the movie and still I couldn't seem to get enough! So I started reading versions here and there but then I heard that this year was the 200th anniversary of P&P and my decision was made.

So I started off the year with a couple of books and then my research started. I did my search first on Amazon and then Goodreads; I made a list and it seemed to go on and on and on, and when I finished I realized it was close to 400 books!! I knew that was a lofty number to accomplish in one year so I settled for 100 knowing that I would have to read at least 8 books or so a month to make my goal, but as I am single and without kids or obligations other then work I was confident that I could do it.

Well it's half way through the year and I am so glad that I can report that I've completed 72 books so far!! I can't tell you how proud I feel about this especially since there were a couple of months that I didn't read at all due to a death of a most beloved person in my life. I was in a mild depression and just needed to take some time to deal with everything. But I glad to say that I'm finally getting back to my old self and starting to read again.

So at this point in my P&P project I figured that I would start writing reviews about all the books that I have had the pleasure of reading. Yes, another lofty project on top of my current one. But you want to know the amazing thing, I can already give a brief description of each book just by looking at the cover! Therefore before I forget, I decided that now was the best time to get started. So I look forward to fond memories I get to revisit!! Thanks in part to some of my new favorite authors.

Tootles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment