Pages

02 July 2013

P&P Bicentenary Challenge

Since this is the 200th (yes folks 200!) anniversary of Pride and Prejudice's publication, our friends over at Austenprose.com are having a little challenge! Well, since I'm already in the mists of my own personal challenge, why not add this to my year end goal. So now I have to read or watch a P&P variation and post a review after doing so. Simple, right? Well, not really because you see there is literally several hundreds of books and several film adaptations and to pick just a few is difficult! But I guess I will solider on and set my goal of "Aficionado" by selecting 12 books/films.....

• Pride and Prejudice (2005 movie version)
• Pride, Prejudice and Cheese Grits by Mary Jane Hathaway
• First (Wrong) Impressions by Krista Ball
• Promises by Wendi Sotis
• Charlotte: Elizabeth Bennet's Story by Linda Phelps
• Miss Bennet & Mr Bingley by Fenella Miller
• From This Day Forward by Joanna Starnes
• And Who Can Be In Doubt of What Followed by Alexa Adams
• Mr Darcy Came To Dinner by Jack Caldwell
• A Most Civil Proposal by C.P. Odom
• Searching For Pemberely by Mary Lydon Simonsen
• Pride and Prejudice (1995 Miniseries)
• Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Okay so that's 13, but what good is a challenge if you don't challenge yourself?!?! And beside it a P&P challenge so it goes without saying that you should at least read the original that started it all! 

If it wasn't for Jane Austen introducing Mr Fitzwilliam Darcy to us 200 years ago, then my life would be so dull. Indeed! 

Tootles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment