Pages

20 August 2014

Review: Persuasion of Miss Jane Austen

The Persuasion of Miss Jane Austen by Shannon Winslow

When I first heard of the concept for this book, I was a little weary. Not because I don't love Shannon, because I do, but how do you bring together a beloved story like Persuasion and Jane Austen. But as the writing slowly progressed, Shannon would share tidbits here and there (although not as many as I would have liked) and I just knew I would have to read it. SO, I when got this book and started reading it, I immediately fell in love.

First we learn of Jane's death, which by all accounts that we know of, is very sad indeed. Then we are taken back in time to when Jane starts writing her latest novel, Persuasion. Here we learn a bit of the "one that got away" and how he is, bits and pieces of his character and traits, featured in some of her heroes. And while writing it, we get to see how they meet, fall in love and then driven apart. And of course, all this is how Persuasion came to be.

But what if, just as in Persuasion, her Captain returns and this time doesn't let anything come between them.What if he seeks her out and hopes that she will throw caution to wind and run away with him. And what if, instead of dying on that fateful July day, she finally gets her happy ending. The one that we, as fans, always wished for her.

Oh how I enjoyed this book and it was well worth the wait. And I could tell you all the ends and outs of this love story, but what would be the fun in that. You must read it and fall in love with Jane all over again.

Thank you Shannon for bringing Persuasion and Jane Austen together!! This is by far my favorite book of yours thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment